Tel: 01900 823273
Revd Sue Edwards
The presence of Methodism in Cockermouth in the form of Wesleyans dates from 1763. However, the present Chapel on Lorton Road was opened in 1932, the year in which various branches of Methodism merged into one.
Two earlier homes of Methodism still survive as prominent public buildings, namely the Victoria Hall in High Sand Lane, and the Town Hall and Tourist Information Centre in Market Street.
The present building consists of a pleasant entrance hall and a spaciously well-ordered chapel, decorated with attractively embroidered wall hangings, with seating for over 400 people.
Adjacent to the church is a further building containing a large meeting room and several smaller rooms all of which are well used by the church and the wider community for a variety of activities including nursery and pre-school groups.
Service Times :
Get directions on Google Maps :